- 9-inch prepared graham cracker crust
- 6 medium apples (any cooking or all-purpose variety), peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 Tbs. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup almond milk, vanilla-flavored rice milk or vanilla-flavored soy milk
- 2 Tbs. light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
Bake crust according to package directions; set aside to cool on a wire rack.
Meanwhile, in large saucepan, combine apples and apple juice. Cover and cook over medium heat until apples are tender but not mushy, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
Stir in raisins, then gradually sprinkle in flour, stirring well. Slowly stir in almond milk, then stir in brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon. Cook uncovered, stirring often, until mixture is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
Just before serving, pour apple mixture into cooled crust and pat in place. Dust with ginger and cinnamon, cut into wedges and serve.
- Calories: 370
- Carbohydrate Content: 68 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 249 mg