Crushed blue corn chips add color and crunch to this salad. Mâche is a mild salad green that comes in little bouquets.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tsp. agave nectar
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 green onions, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 small jalapeno chile, seeded and finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 2 red-skinned apples, julienned (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 cups mache
- 1 cup crushed blue corn chips
1. Whisk together lime juice and agave nectar in large salad bowl. Whisk in olive oil. Stir in green onions, jalapeño, and garlic. Fold in apples and cilantro, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Fold mâche bouquets into apple mixture, making sure leaves are coated with lime juice mixture. Divide among serving plates, and top with crushed corn chips.
- Calories: 98
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 54 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g