Apple-Walnut Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
Because they've been bred to resist browning, Cameo, Honey Crisp, Ginger Gold, Braeburn and Fuji varieties are good apple choices for salads. To prevent other types of sliced apples from browning, simply toss them in fresh lemon juice.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 medium-size apples, peeled, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 2 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1 Tbs. walnut oil
- 2 tsp. whole-grain Dijon mustard
1. Toast walnuts in skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned and fragrant.
2. Place mixed greens and apples in large bowl.
3. Whisk together vinegar, maple syrup, oil and mustard in small bowl. Drizzle over salad, and toss gently to coat.
4. Divide salad among plates. Sprinkle each serving with walnuts, and serve.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 151
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 64 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g