Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This crisp, fruity dessert won ton is a delicious surprise. Serve it with warm caramel sauce for a decadent twist. For cinnamon sugar, blend 1 Tbs. sugar with 1 tsp. cinnamon, or look for vanilla sugar at gourmet stores. You’ll need a candy or deep-fry thermometer.
To make Lemon-Honey Sauce:
1. Bring all ingredients to a simmer, stirring constantly, until honey is just dissolved. Let cool.
To make Won Tons:
2. Put apricots, cashews, ginger and brown sugar in bowl, and knead until combined.
3. Dust baking sheet with cornstarch. Arrange several won ton skins on work surface. Place 2 tsp. filling in center of each. Brush edges with egg, and fold to form triangle; press to seal. Pull farthest corners together, forming smaller triangle. Moisten one corner; press to seal. Place won tons on baking sheet. Cover tightly with plastic, and refrigerate up to 24 hours, or freeze.
4. Line platter with paper towels. Pour enough oil into heavy large pot to reach 3 to 4 inches up sides. Heat on high until oil reaches 360F; reduce heat, but maintain temperature. Fry won tons, turning occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Dust with sugar. Serve immediately with sauce.
- Calories 82
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 15 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g