Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
1. To make Apricot Semifreddo: Line 4-cup loaf pan with plastic wrap. Whisk egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar in medium bowl until thick and light yellow, about 1 minute. Bring milk to a boil in saucepan. Slowly pour hot milk over egg mixture, whisking constantly. Return to saucepan; cook over medium-low heat (do not boil), stirring often, until custard is thick enough to coat the back of spoon, about 5 minutes. Strain, and cool.
2. Meanwhile, place dried apricots in heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water, and let stand 15 minutes, or until softened. Drain, and cool. Put in food processor with fresh apricots, and purée until smooth. Transfer to large bowl. Add custard, sour cream and almond extract.
3. Put egg whites in large bowl; beat until soft peaks form. Add remaining 1/4 cup sugar; continue beating until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into apricot mixture. Pour half of mixture into prepared pan. Place 3 rows of blackberries on their sides down the center of loaf pan; top with remaining mixture. Cover; freeze at least 4 hours.
4. To make Blackberry Sauce: Press blackberries through fine-meshed sieve into bowl. Stir in sugar and lemon juice. Set aside.
5. Remove Apricot Semifreddo from freezer; let stand 10 minutes. Unmold onto plate, and cut into 10 slices. Drizzle with Blackberry Sauce; serve.
- Calories 130
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 45 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 40 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g