Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Crispy on the outside and creamy inside, rösti (skillet potatoes) are a Swiss favorite for dinner. Here, frozen hash browns stand in for the grated and blanched potatoes to save time.
1. Rinse hash browns under warm running water until thawed. Drain on paper towels. Combine hash browns with artichoke hearts and parsley in bowl.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Press potato mixture into circle in pan with spatula. Drizzle 1 1/2 tsp. oil over top. Cook 6 to 7 minutes.
3. Invert rösti onto plate. Add remaining 1 1/2 tsp. oil to pan. Slide rösti into skillet. Cook 6 minutes more, or until browned on second side. Slide onto serving plate, and let stand 2 minutes before slicing.
- Calories 376
- Carbohydrate Content 55 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 330 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g