Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
These flaky turnovers are always a huge hit at events both big and small—guests often grab two at a time as the tray goes by! Recipe from Marcey Brownstein, Marcey Brownstein Catering & Events, New York.
1. To make Roasted Apple Aioli: Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake apple covered with foil in baking dish 30 minutes, or until soft. Remove core and scoop out flesh. Mash with mayonnaise and vinegar.
2. To make Turnovers: Preheat oven to 350°F. Pulse artichokes, cream cheese, Parmesan, shallot, and zest in food processor until blended but chunky.
3. Roll 1 sheet puff pastry into a 12- x 12-inch square. Cut into 15 3-inch rounds. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet.
4. Spoon 1 tsp. filling on each pastry round. Fold in half, then press edges with fork to seal. Transfer to greased baking sheet.
5. Brush turnovers with beaten egg, and bake 15 minutes, or until golden. Serve with Roasted Apple Aioli.
- Calories 136
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 13 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 209 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g