This creamy spread is a specialty from Provence, where it’s sold in markets alongside olive tapenades. Serve with sliced baguette rounds or pita wedges.
- 4 steamed fresh globe artichoke bottoms or canned artichoke bottoms
- 6 pitted green olives
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
Place all ingredients in bowl of food processor with 2 Tbs. water or reserved cooking water from artichokes. Purée until smooth, adding 1 Tbs. or more water to obtain desired consistency.
- Calories: 55
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 73 mg