Other garnishing elements, such as mushrooms, olives, cheese, may accompany or replace the roasted peppers in this simple salad.
- 2 jarred roasted red bell peppers, patted dry and julienned
- 3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 2 bunches of arugula, trimmed, rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
In small bowl, combine pepper strips with 1 tablespoon vinegar, 2 tablespoons oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
To serve, rub inside of large bowl well with cut sides of garlic. Add arugula to bowl. Add remaining vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, peppers and marinade and toss again.
- Calories: 133
- Carbohydrate Content: 9 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 15 mg