This Italian-style bread salad is made with spring-fresh peppery arugula and roasted grape tomatoes.
- 4 slices rustic olive or whole-grain bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (4 cups)
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups arugula leaves, coarsely chopped, if necessary
- 3 Tbs. garlic olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zest grated
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread bread cubes on baking sheet and place tomato halves in large baking dish. Roast bread cubes and tomatoes 10 to 15 minutes, or until bread is toasted and tomatoes are tender, turning occasionally. Cool 15 minutes.
2. Toss arugula with oil, 2 Tbs. lemon juice, and 1 Tbs. lemon zest in large serving bowl. Add bread and tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Calories: 194
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 304 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g