The recipe serves one, but can easily be quadrupled and made in a large skillet to serve four people.
- 1 egg plus 2 egg whites, or 2 whole eggs
- 1 small shallot, chopped (2 Tbs.)
- 1 oil-packed sun-dried tomato, finely chopped, plus 1/2 tsp. oil from jar
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 Tbs. low-fat ricotta cheese
1. Whisk egg and egg whites with 1 Tbs. water in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
2. Place shallot, sun-dried tomato, and reserved oil in small nonstick skillet, and heat over medium heat. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes, or until shallot is softened. Add arugula, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, or until leaves are wilted.
3. Pour in egg mixture, stirring to distribute arugula and tomato bits evenly. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 2 minutes, or until omelet begins to set. Dollop ricotta cheese on one side, and cook 1 to 2 minutes more, or until omelet is set. Fold over omelet to cover cheese and form half-circle shape.
- Calories: 167
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Cholesterol Content: 191 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 234 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g