Arugula-Ricotta Omelet for One
Here’s an easy, elegant lunch or light dinner option that can be made with ingredients straight from the fridge.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The recipe serves one, but can easily be quadrupled and made in a large skillet to serve four people.
- 1 egg plus 2 egg whites, or 2 whole eggs
- 1 small shallot, chopped (2 Tbs.)
- 1 oil-packed sun-dried tomato, finely chopped, plus 1/2 tsp. oil from jar
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 Tbs. low-fat ricotta cheese
1. Whisk egg and egg whites with 1 Tbs. water in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
2. Place shallot, sun-dried tomato, and reserved oil in small nonstick skillet, and heat over medium heat. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes, or until shallot is softened. Add arugula, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, or until leaves are wilted.
3. Pour in egg mixture, stirring to distribute arugula and tomato bits evenly. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 2 minutes, or until omelet begins to set. Dollop ricotta cheese on one side, and cook 1 to 2 minutes more, or until omelet is set. Fold over omelet to cover cheese and form half-circle shape.
- Calories 167
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 191 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 234 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g