Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
The recipe serves one, but can easily be quadrupled and made in a large skillet to serve four people.
1. Whisk egg and egg whites with 1 Tbs. water in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
2. Place shallot, sun-dried tomato, and reserved oil in small nonstick skillet, and heat over medium heat. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes, or until shallot is softened. Add arugula, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, or until leaves are wilted.
3. Pour in egg mixture, stirring to distribute arugula and tomato bits evenly. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 2 minutes, or until omelet begins to set. Dollop ricotta cheese on one side, and cook 1 to 2 minutes more, or until omelet is set. Fold over omelet to cover cheese and form half-circle shape.
- Calories 167
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 191 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 234 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g