This recipe makes a lot of dressing; extra can be stored in a jar in the fridge for up to two months and used on other salads.
- 24 oz. fruit-flavored ale, such as UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen
- 2 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large bunch arugula (8 oz.), trimmed and washed (4 cups)
- 1 Fuji or other sweet red apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
1. To make Fruit Ale Dressing: Bring ale to a boil in 2-qt. saucepan. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 15 to 25 minutes, or until liquid has reduced to 1/2 cup. Cool.
2. Whisk together ale reduction, maple syrup, and mustard. Slowly whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. To make Arugula Salad: toss arugula with 2 Tbs. Fruit Ale Dressing, then garnish with apple, raisins, and pecans.
- Calories: 143
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 33 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g