Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This recipe makes a lot of dressing; extra can be stored in a jar in the fridge for up to two months and used on other salads.
1. To make Fruit Ale Dressing: Bring ale to a boil in 2-qt. saucepan. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 15 to 25 minutes, or until liquid has reduced to 1/2 cup. Cool.
2. Whisk together ale reduction, maple syrup, and mustard. Slowly whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. To make Arugula Salad: toss arugula with 2 Tbs. Fruit Ale Dressing, then garnish with apple, raisins, and pecans.
- Calories 143
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 33 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g