The sweet, mild flavor of the dressing combines beautifully with bitter arugula.
Roasted Shallot-Orange Vinaigrette
- 3 shallots, roasted (see Tip, below) and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh arugula, washed and dried
- 2 oranges, cut into segments
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Make dressing: In medium bowl, combine shallots, garlic, vinegar and orange peel. Whisk to blend, then slowly add olive oil, whisking until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
Place arugula in serving bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Divide among serving plates and garnish with orange segments and red onion slices.
- Calories: 139
- Carbohydrate Content: 9 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 48 mg