Once the vegetables have been sliced, this tasty main dish salad can be thrown together in minutes.Meal plan: Serve these noodles with a packaged miso soup mix.
- 12 oz. dry egg noodles
- 8 oz. snow peas
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 scallions (white and light green parts), sliced
- 1/2 cup cashews (optional)
- 2 Tbs. peanut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 oz. fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 3 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs. hoisin sauce
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well.
Blanch snow peas in boiling water 1 minute. Drain and refresh in cold water, then pat dry. Transfer to medium bowl. Add carrots and scallions.
In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and chile pepper and cook, stirring often, 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. Add mushrooms to bowl with vegetables.
Add vinegar, ginger and hoisin sauce to pan and warm through. Pour over vegetables. Add noodles and toss. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Calories: 236
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 28 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 154 mg