This salad lends itself to endless variations. Try it with other greens, nuts, and cheese, or omit the cheese for a vegan version.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 3 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbs. honey
- 6 cups mâche lettuce
- 1 medium Asian pear, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (2 oz.)
- 3 Tbs. shelled, toasted pistachios, chopped
1. Heat oil in small non-stick skillet over low heat. Add shallot, and sauté 4 minutes, or until soft. Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar and honey.
2. Divide mâche among four salad plates. Top each serving with Asian pear matchsticks, cheese, and pistachios, and drizzle with dressing.
- Calories: 162
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 13 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 192 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g