A soy and vinegar marinade “cooks” the mushrooms that top this salad to make them tender and tasty.
- 3 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1/ 2 tsp. chile-garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 4 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced (1 cup)
- 1 large carrot, grated (1/2 cup)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 3 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
1. Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, chile-garlic sauce, and oil in medium bowl. Add mushrooms, and toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature 2 hours, tossing occasionally.
2. Drain mushrooms, reserving marinade. Toss together spinach, corn, avocado, carrot, and green onions in bowl. Add marinade, and toss to coat. Divide spinach among bowls. Top with mushrooms, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Calories: 84
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 388 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g