Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Orzotto, made with orzo pasta instead of rice, cooks in half the time of traditional risotto.
1. Place broth and 3 cups water in large glass measuring cup, and heat in microwave 5 minutes, or until boiling.
2. Heat oil in deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 6 minutes, or until tender. Add asparagus, and sauté 2 minutes, or until bright green.
3. Stir in orzo, and sauté 2 minutes, or until pasta is coated with oil. Stir in wine, and cook 3 minutes, or until liquid is almost completely absorbed, stirring constantly. Pour in 1 cup hot broth mixture. Cook until liquid is almost completely absorbed, stirring constantly. Continue adding broth mixture 1/2 cup at a time and cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring often and allowing orzo to absorb most of liquid before adding more. Stir in Parmesan, basil, and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Calories 387
- Carbohydrate Content 65 g
- Cholesterol Content 11 mg
- Fat Content 7.5 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 469 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g