- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. asparagus spears, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch lengths
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin julienne strips
- 1 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1 Tbs. water
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/3 oz. dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb. fresh portobello or shiitake mushrooms, chopped
Place dried mushrooms in small heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Let soak 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and fresh mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are tender. Add sherry, salt and mushroom liquid.
Add asparagus, bell pepper and dried mushrooms. Simmer, uncovered, until asparagus are tender, about 7 minutes. Add dissolved cornstarch and vinegar. Bring mixture to a boil and simmer until it thickens slightly, about 30 seconds.
Serve asparagus mixture over quinoa.
- Calories: 132
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 26 mg