Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
1. To make Sauce: Place carrot, celery and onion in food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Chop tempeh on cutting board into crumbles.
2. Heat oil in large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped vegetables and salt to taste. Sauté until vegetables soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Stir in tempeh and wine. Bring to a boil, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until wine is almost evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes. Add soymilk; bring to a boil, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is soft, about 4 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 10 to 12 minutes.
5. To make Linguini: Drag vegetable peeler down the length of asparagus spear, removing 1/2-inch-wide strip. Turn spear, and repeat, making 8 to 10 strips. Repeat on other spears. Similarly peel 3/4-inch strips off zucchini and yellow squash, working on all sides until you reach inner seeds. Halve strips lengthwise.
6. Bring 2 qt. lightly salted water to a boil, add strips and cook 2 minutes. Drain, then plunge vegetables into bowl of ice water. Drain again, and pat dry with paper towels. If making ahead, lightly coat strips with cooking spray, and refrigerate, tightly covered, up to 24 hours.
7. Heat olive oil in medium skillet; add vegetable strips. Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute.
8. To serve, divide veggie linguini and sauce among 4 wide, shallow pasta bowls.
9. Garnish with basil, if desired.
- Calories 220
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 510 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g