- 4 oz. extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 whole eggs or 2 egg whites
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt or 1 tsp. tamari
- 1/2 cup unsweetened tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup onion, cut in rings
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper strips
- 1 1/3 tsp. olive oil
In medium bowl, mash tofu with fork. Add egg and egg whites, turmeric, pepper and salt and mix well. Set aside. In small saucepan, gently warm tomato sauce over low heat.
In steamer basket, layer vegetables. Set basket in 1 1/2-qt. Pot filled with 1/2-inch water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and steam until just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. With large, slotted spoon, immediately transfer vegetables to serving plate.
In 9-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until oil sizzles. (Pan must be hot or eggs will stick.) Tilt skillet to coat evenly.
Pour in tofu-egg mixture all at once, then reduce heat to medium-low. As eggs begin to set up, push cooked portion aside with a spatula, then let uncooked portion run under. Repeat as eggs start to set up. Cook until eggs are cooked throughout but still glossy and moist, 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove pan from heat. Transfer to plate and serve with tomato sauce.
- Calories: 409
- Carbohydrate Content: 44 g
- Cholesterol Content: 213 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 14 g
- Protein Content: 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 787 mg