30 minutes or fewer
Eggs and asparagus are classic brunch fare, but this recipe is equally satisfying as a light summer supper for two.
- 5 tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 12 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 head Belgian endive, leaves separated
- 1 oz. Parmesan cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup)
Mix oil, garlic and 1 tsp. thyme in small bowl.
Heat 2 tsp. garlic oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, cover, and cook 3 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to plate.
Fry eggs in 1 tsp. garlic oil in skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle with 1 Tbs. chives.
Whisk lemon juice into remaining garlic oil; season with salt and pepper, and toss with arugula and endive in large bowl.
Divide greens between 2 plates; top with 6 asparagus spears and 1 egg each. Sprinkle with remaining chives and thyme. Garnish with shaved Parmesan.
- Calories: 263
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Cholesterol Content: 214 mg
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 569 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g