This is an easy, melt-in-your-mouth sidedish.
- 1 cup soy mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, tarragon or chervil
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. asparagus, tough ends trimmed
Garlic mayonnaise: In medium bowl, mix all ingredients. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days. Whisk well before serving.
Steam asparagus until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain, arrange asparagus on plates and serve hot with spoonful of garlic mayonnaise.
Alternatively, serve asparagus cold. After cooking, drain asparagus, rinse with cold water until cool, then drain again. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Calories: 58
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 110 mg