- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs. drained capers, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped shallot
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon, plus 4 tarragon sprigs, for garnish
- 20 thick green asparagus spears, bottom 2 inches trimmed
1. Whisk together oil, capers, shallot, parsley, lemon juice, sour cream, and mustard in small bowl. Fold in egg and tarragon, and season sauce with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. Bring large skillet of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook 2 minutes, or until crisp-tender, depending on thickness. Transfer asparagus to baking sheet with tongs, and refrigerate to cool quickly.
3. Arrange 5 asparagus on each plate. Spoon 2 Tbs. gribiche sauce over each serving. Garnish with tarragon sprigs.
- Calories: 174
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Cholesterol Content: 48 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 168 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g