Avocado Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 6 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 small head chicory or frisee
- 2 large avocados, peeled and halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
In medium bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, salt, pepper and garlic. Add oranges and toss to mix.
Arrange lettuce leaves on four individual serving plates. Spoon the oranges over the lettuce, reserving the dressing. Top with avocado slices and red onion. Drizzle each with remaining dressing and garnish with cilantro. Serve right away or chill briefly.
- Calories 270
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 87 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g