Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This version of baba ghanoush is blended to creamy smoothness so that it can be served like hummus, for dipping pita, veggies, and crackers.
1. Preheat oven to broil. Prick eggplants all over with fork. Place on baking sheet, and broil 15 to 20 minutes, or until skin is blistered and eggplants feel soft to the touch, turning occasionally. Transfer to large bowl, cover with lid; cool 1 hour.
2. Cut eggplants in half lengthwise, and scoop out flesh with spoon into bowl of food processor, adding any juice that accumulated at bottom of large bowl. Add tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin, and purée 2 minutes, or until very smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Chill 2 hours, or up to 3 days.
3. To serve: Spread Baba Ghanoush onto shallow plate. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with parsley.
- Calories 123
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 8 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g