Marmalade is the shortcut ingredient that lends sweet flavor and citrusy brightness to this recipe. Serve over steamed rice.
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbs. canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thickly sliced
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and julienned
- 2 8-oz. pkg. plain or Asian-flavored baked tofu, drained and cubed (2 cups)
- 6 dried hot red chiles (such as chiles de arbol), or 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. baby bok choy, cut into 1-inch lengths (5 cups)
- 1/3 cup toasted unsalted cashews
1. Whisk together marmalade, soy sauce, cornstarch, and 2 Tbs. water in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat wok over high heat, until water droplets evaporate within 1 second. Add oil, then garlic and ginger. Stir-fry 2 minutes. Add tofu and chiles; stir-fry 3 minutes, or until tofu cubes are browned. Add bok choy, and stir-fry 2 minutes, or until bok choy starts to soften. Stir in marmalade mixture, and cook 2 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Stir in cashews.
- Calories: 383
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 355 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g