Baby Bok Choy and Tofu in Marmalade Sauce
Marmalade is the shortcut ingredient that lends sweet flavor and citrusy brightness to this recipe. Serve over steamed rice.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbs. canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thickly sliced
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and julienned
- 2 8-oz. pkg. plain or Asian-flavored baked tofu, drained and cubed (2 cups)
- 6 dried hot red chiles (such as chiles de arbol), or 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. baby bok choy, cut into 1-inch lengths (5 cups)
- 1/3 cup toasted unsalted cashews
1. Whisk together marmalade, soy sauce, cornstarch, and 2 Tbs. water in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat wok over high heat, until water droplets evaporate within 1 second. Add oil, then garlic and ginger. Stir-fry 2 minutes. Add tofu and chiles; stir-fry 3 minutes, or until tofu cubes are browned. Add bok choy, and stir-fry 2 minutes, or until bok choy starts to soften. Stir in marmalade mixture, and cook 2 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Stir in cashews.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 383
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 355 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g