Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
A Provençal-inspired ragoût is a satisfying supper on its own—just add a salad.
1. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook artichoke hearts cut side down in skillet without stirring, 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Transfer to plate, and set aside.
2. Heat remaining 2 Tbs. oil in skillet. Add potatoes, and season with salt, if desired. Stir, cover pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 10 minutes, or until potatoes are deeply golden all over.
3. Uncover pan, and add artichokes, olives, garlic, rosemary, and lemon zest. Stir 15 to 30 seconds.
4. Add broth, cover, and gently simmer 5 to 6 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender and liquid reduces to a light gravy.
- Calories 260
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 266 mg
- Sugar Content 0.5 g