This colorful spread is a fancy, vegan version of pimiento cheese. Slipping cucumber between the filling and the lettuce helps keep the greens from wilting en route to your destination.
- 1 8-oz. container vegan cream cheese, softened
- 17-oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained well, finely chopped
- 3 Tbs. finely minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 2 18-inch French baguettes
- 3/4 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 12 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 cups thinly sliced radicchio
1. Combine roasted red peppers, cream cheese, onion, and garlic in bowl.
2. Cut each baguette into 3 6-inch pieces. Halve each piece lengthwise. Tear out some of center from bread to make space for fillings.
3. Spread cream cheese mixture on bottom halves of bread. Top with cucumber, lettuce, and radicchio, and cover with top half of bread.
- Calories: 355
- Carbohydrate Content: 61 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 815 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g