Better than fast-food fries, this healthy homemade version has lots of flavor with a minimum of fat. As a welcome bonus, the skins can be left on the potatoes for extra crispness.
- 2 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed (leave peels on if preferred)
- 2 tsp. melted butter or olive oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Using a sharp knife, cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices, then cut slices into fry-shaped sticks.
Pour melted butter or oil into medium bowl. Add potato sticks and toss to coat. Spread on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes, then turn potatoes and bake until crisp, about 30 minutes. While still warm, season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Calories: 128
- Carbohydrate Content: 26 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 29 mg