Sautéed leeks add a milder, sweeter flavor than onions to this hearty sweet potato dish that can be served with a salad as a light main course.
- 3 medium leeks, white and light green parts chopped (6 cups)
- 1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (2 lb.), peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1/3 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 Tbs. Italian seasoned dry breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat 10-inch round pan with cooking spray.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks, garlic, and 1 1/2 Tbs. rosemary; sauté 8 minutes, or until softened. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Arrange one-third sweet potato slices over bottom of prepared pan, overlapping slightly. Spread half of leek mixture on top. Arrange another one-third sweet potato slices over leeks; top with remaining leeks, followed by remaining sweet potatoes. Drizzle broth over dish. Cover pan with foil, and bake 35 minutes.
4. Stir together breadcrumbs, remaining 1 1/2 tsp. oil, and remaining 1 1/2 Tbs. rosemary, in small bowl. Remove foil from gratin, and sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are browned and crisp. Let gratin cool slightly before cutting into 8 wedges and serving.
- Calories: 143
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 402 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g