Baked Peaches and Blueberries with Crisp Nut Topping
Serve warm or chilled, on its own or with a scoop of nondairy frozen dessert.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This recipe works well with frozen fruit—and you don’t have to do any peeling and slicing! Serve warm or chilled, on its own or with a scoop of nondairy frozen dessert. It’s also a great topping for waffles or porridge.
- 10- or 12-oz. pkg. frozen blueberries (2 cups fresh)
- 2 (16- or 20-oz.) pkgs. frozen sliced peaches (9 cups peeled, pitted and sliced fresh)
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca (granulated or instant)
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups pecan or walnut halves
Position rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 400?F.
In large bowl, combine blueberries and peaches (plus juices), tapioca, sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and cardamom (if using). Transfer to 2-quart (or slightly larger) baking dish. Sprinkle pecans or walnuts on top. Set pan on foil-lined baking sheet.
Bake until fruit is tender and juices are thick and bubbly, 35 to 45 minutes. If nuts begin to burn before fruit is done, cover dish loosely with aluminum foil.
Set crisp on wire rack and let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Calories 243
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 3 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g