To assemble these tacos quickly and efficiently, place all readied ingredients in front of you. That way, the filling and folding can be accomplished in minutes. For a change of taste, use refried pinto beans. Serve the baked tacos with a light salad of watercress, orange sections and nuts.
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 15-oz. can non-fat refried black or other refried beans
- 8 oz. Tex-Mex-flavored baked tofu, cut into 16 long pieces
- 4 oz. chopped mild green chiles
- 8 oz. shredded low-fat cheddar cheese or soy cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 avocado, sliced, for garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 450F. Spray 9x13-inch baking dish or larger baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Starting with 1 tortilla, spread half of tortilla with 2 heaping tablespoons beans, place 2 slices tofu on beans, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chopped chiles and 1 tablespoon grated cheese. Wrap tightly, and place in baking dish.
Repeat with remaining ingredients, arranging filled and rolled tortillas snugly into dish. When complete, pour salsa over top, spreading it out evenly, and sprinkle with remaining cheese, covering tortillas evenly with cheese. Cover baking dish completely with foil.
Bake about 20 minutes, or until cheese melts and filling is heated through. Garnish as desired, and serve.
- Calories: 610
- Carbohydrate Content: 78 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 40 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 1390 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g