Get the cheesy, crunchy satisfaction of nachos without all the fat by baking your own tortilla chips (it’s easier than making a batch of cookies), then serving them with a salsa laced with queso blanco, a crumbly Mexican cheese.
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1 cup cooked or canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, white and green parts thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso blanco or feta
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
To make Chipotle-Corn Salsa: Combine tomatoes, corn, pinto beans, green onions, chipotle chiles and lime juice in medium serving bowl. Stir in cilantro and queso blanco. Season with salt.
Preheat oven to 350F. Cut each tortilla in half, then cut each half into three triangles (72 triangles total). Arrange triangles evenly on 2 baking sheets (it’s okay if some overlap). Bake 15 minutes; flip triangles, and bake 15 minutes more, or until golden and crisp. Arrange tortilla chips around salsa bowl.
- Calories: 102
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 103 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g