Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
To toast the nuts for this recipe, preheat the oven to 375F. Spread the nuts on separate pans, and toast the almonds for 7 minutes and the pine nuts for 4 to 5 minutes. If you want to use the Willow Pond Farm jellies, these are available from www.willowpondherbs.com.
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Cut a 1 1/2-inch-deep X in the top of each fig, and squeeze the sides gently to open up the top.Arrange the figs on a baking sheet, standing with cut ends up.
3. Spoon 1 teaspoon goat cheese into each fig, mounding the cheese slightly. Press an almond and 2 pine nuts onto the cheese.
4. Warm the jelly in a saucepan until it becomes liquid, and drizzle it over the figs.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until warm throughout. Transfer to a platter, and serve.
PER SERVING: 190 CAL; 3G PROT; 4G TOTAL FAT (1.5G SAT. FAT); 37G CARB; 5MG CHOL; 55MG SOD; 3G FIBER; 28G SUGARS
- Calories 190
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 55 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g