Egg replacer keeps these breakfast treats tender without dairy or extra oil.
- 2 cups plain soymilk, divided
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. egg replacer powder
- 2 Tbs. canola oil
- 1 Tbs. maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
1. Mix 1 3/4 cups soymilk with lemon juice in small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.
2. Combine flours, baking powder, salt and baking soda in medium bowl.
3. Whisk egg replacer and remaining 1/4 cup soymilk in small bowl. Add to soymilk mixture. Whisk in oil and maple syrup.
4. Stir flour mixture into soymilk mixture. Fold in bananas.
5. Lightly oil griddle, and heat over medium heat. Pour 2 Tbs. batter onto griddle for each pancake, and cook 2 minutes, or until batter bubbles and pancakes begin to brown around edges. Flip, and cook 2 minutes more. Serve with maple syrup.
- Calories: 258
- Carbohydrate Content: 44 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 412 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g