Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This is a great dessert to add to your grilling repertoire because the skewers cook best around the edges of the grill, away from direct heat.
1. Open (but do not split in half) each date and remove pit. Combine pistachios and chocolate chips in small bowl. Blend walnut oil and orange juice concentrate in another small bowl. Stir 1 tsp. orange juice mixture into chocolate chip mixture. Spoon chocolate chip mixture into each date cavity, and press sides of dates together to seal. Combine remaining orange juice mixture with yogurt in small bowl, and set aside.
2. Thread each of 4 skewers with 3 banana chunks and 2 chocolate chip–stuffed dates, making sure dates lie oblong on skewer.
3. Oil grill grates, and preheat grill to medium. Place skewers on edges of grill away from direct heat, close hood, and cook 2 minutes. Turn skewers, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more with hood open, or until bananas are tender but still hold their shape. Serve skewers with yogurt sauce.
- Calories 255
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 2 mg
- Fat Content 4.5 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 11 mg
- Sugar Content 42 g