This noodle dish is a favorite in restaurants and in homes throughout all of Thailand. Our version is flavorful yet light and easy to prepare.
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tsp. curry powder, or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (white and light green parts)
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 1 small hot green chile pepper, minced (seeding is optional)
- 4 oz. firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 6 oz. rice vermicelli, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes and drained
In small bowl, mix broth, coconut milk, soy sauce, curry powder, scallions and black pepper. Set aside.
In large wok or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry garlic, ginger, and chile until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add tofu, and stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce mixture, and bring to a simmer. Add 1/2 cup bean sprouts, spinach and noodles, and stir-fry, about 30 seconds.
Add remaining bean sprouts, but do not mix into noodles. Serve with Spicy Tomatoes on the side if desired.
- Calories: 162
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 414 mg