The heat of this chili will depend on the brand of barbecue sauce you use. When choosing a prepared barbecue sauce, read the label carefully to choose one that’s low in sugar.
- 2 cups shredded coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
- 4 tsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 8-oz. pkg. tempeh, finely crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups prepared barbecue sauce, such as Stubb’s Original or Spicy Bar-B-Q Sauce
- 2 15-oz. cans low-sodium pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1. Toss coleslaw mix with vinegar in bowl; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Let stand 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine tempeh and barbecue sauce in large saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Add beans and 11/2 cups water, and simmer 20 minutes. Serve chili topped with coleslaw mix.
- Calories: 316
- Carbohydrate Content: 43 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 13 g
- Protein Content: 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 485 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g