This hearty salad offers all the flavor of a backyard barbecue even when you’re miles from the nearest grill.
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbs. agave nectar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 16-oz. pkg. extra-firm tofu, drained, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
To make Vinaigrette:
1. Place all ingredients in blender, and purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
To make Salad:
2. Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Brush tofu with barbecue sauce, and grill 3 to 4 minutes per side. Cool, and cut into squares.
3. Toss tofu, corn, beans, bell pepper, and red onion with Vinaigrette in large plastic container. Place lettuce in resealable plastic bag. Toss lettuce with tofu mixture just before serving.
- Calories: 351
- Carbohydrate Content: 27 g
- Fat Content: 23 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 379 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g