Even tofu skeptics will clamor for seconds! Use a good-quality prepared barbecue sauce.MEAL PLAN: Microwave several medium red potatoes on high, allowing 2 to 3 minutes per potato, while the tofu mixture is baking. Team with a simple tossed salad to round out your meal.
- 1 lb. firm or extra-firm tofu
- 2 medium green or red bell peppers, or 1 of each, cut into wide strips
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced, rings separated
- 3/4 to 1 cup barbecue sauce, or as needed
Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly oil large roasting pan.
Drain tofu, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Blot thoroughly between kitchen towels or several layers of paper towels. Cut slices into strips or dice.
In large bowl, combine tofu with remaining ingredients, and stir gently until well blended. Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan.
Bake until heated through, stirring once or twice, 20 minutes. Serve hot.
- Calories: 87
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 328 mg