These savory muffins add an extra-special element to a holiday breadbasket. You may want to double the recipe—most guests will want seconds!
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups packed, fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup grated vegetarian Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1/4 cup chopped pine nuts
- Coarse sea salt, for garnish
1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
2 Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in large bowl; form well in center.
3 Whisk together ¾ cup oil, milk, and eggs in glass measuring cup with pour spout.
4 Pour mixture into well of dry ingredients; stir only until dry ingredients are moistened.
5 Fold in basil, Parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic.
6 Scoop ½ cup batter into each muffin cup, filling two-thirds full. Drizzle 1 tsp. remaining olive oil over each muffin. Sprinkle pine nuts and sea salt on top of each muffin.
7 Bake muffins 20 to 22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
8 Heat broiler to high with rack 6 inches from element. Broil muffins 2 to 3 minutes, or until tops are golden.
- Serving Size: per muffin
- Calories: 334
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Cholesterol Content: 38 mg
- Fat Content: 24 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 481 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g