With their tangy barbecue mushrooms, rich pimento cheese, and crunchy pickles, these miniature sandwiches are packed full of Southern-style goodness.
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 oz. jarred pimento peppers, drained
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbs. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced (1 ½ cups)
- 6 large portobello mushroom caps, stems and gills removed, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 16 slider rolls
- 32 bread and butter pickle slices, plus extra for garnish, optional
1 To make Pimento Cheese: Mash together all ingredients with fork in small bowl. Set aside.
2 To make BBQ Mushrooms: Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook
2 minutes. Add mushrooms, and cook 8 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat, stir in barbecue sauce, and set aside.
3 To make Sliders: Spread 1 Tbs. Pimento Cheese and 1 Tbs. BBQ Mushrooms on bottom of roll. Top with two pickle slices and close with top of bun.
- Serving Size: per slider
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrate Content: 26 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 292 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g