Salsa and roasted red peppers are blended together with cooked beans to make a smooth, rich quesadilla filling.
- 11/2 cups cooked pinto or black beans, or 1 15-oz. can beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 3 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese (6 Tbs.)
- 1/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 4 8-inch whole-wheat or multi-grain tortillas
1. Blend beans, salsa, cream cheese, roasted peppers, green onions, and cilantro in blender or food processor until mostly smooth.
2. Spread 1/2 cup filling on one half of each tortilla, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges. Fold over tortillas to enclose filling. (If a tortilla’s edges don’t stick together, brush some oil along bottom inside edge.)
3. Coat large skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Cook quesadillas in skillet 2 to 3 minutes, turning once.
- Calories: 295
- Carbohydrate Content: 43 g
- Cholesterol Content: 16 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 664 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g