30 minutes or fewer
Serve this with breads, crackers and celery sticks. Spanish smoked paprika adds an earthy sweetness; its available at some specialty food stores and supermarkets or online at tienda.com.
- 2 cups finely grated sharp Cheddar cheese (about 8 oz.)
- 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tsp. vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. smoked or regular paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/3 cup Pilsner beer, room temperature
Place cheeses in food processor. Add Worcestershire, mustard, paprika and garlic powder. Process until blended.
Add beer slowly, blending until mixture is smooth and spreadable. Refrigerate, covered, up to one week, until ready to use.
- Calories: 42
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 63 mg