Dont throw those leafy beet tops away! Beet greens make buying fresh beets a two-in-one bargain because the leaves look, taste, and can be prepared like Swiss chard. Other greens to try in this recipe: Swiss chard, spinach, or flat-leafed kale.
1. To make Horseradish-Tangerine Dressing: Whisk together olive oil, tangerine juice, cider vinegar, and horseradish in small bowl.
2. To make Beet Green Salad: Toss beets, shallots, and dried cranberries with 1/3 cup
Horseradish-Tangerine Dressing in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Toss beet greens and watercress with remaining dressing in large bowl, and divide among serving plates. Top each serving with 1/2 cup grated beet mixture, and garnish with tangerine slices. Sprinkle with pecans and feta cheese, if desired.
- Calories 140
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 146 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g