A little heat helps bring out the flavors of this Mediterranean-inspired salsa. Serve warm or at room temperature, and prepare just before serving so the arugula retains a bit of crunch.
- 1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds, coarsely crushed
- 2 small bell peppers (1 red and 1 yellow), diced
- 16 pitted Kalamata olives, quartered
- 1/2 cup packed baby arugula, coarsely chopped
1. Heat oil and fennel seeds in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add bell peppers. Sauté 3 to 4 minutes, or until peppers just begin to soften.
2. Scrape bell peppers and oil into medium bowl. Mix in olives. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes for flavors to meld, stirring occasionally. Add arugula, and toss until arugula is slightly wilted.
- Calories: 67
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 165 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.5 g