Tossing fruit in a lemon-infused syrup lightly sweetens it and keeps it from browning once it's cut and stirred into a salad. Feel free to substitute whatever fruit you may have on hand for the choices here. If you plan to use bananas, though, do not add them until just before you're ready to serve the dish.
- 1/3 cup sugar or 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup fresh mint or lemon verbena leaves
- 2 Tbs. lemon or lime juice
- 2 cups seedless grapes, halved
- 2 peaches or nectarines, cut into 11/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced strawberries or whole raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
1. Bring sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil in saucepan. Simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in mint and lemon juice. Steep 15 minutes. Strain out mint.
2. Combine grapes, peaches, strawberries, and blueberries in large bowl. Stir in sugar syrup. Cover, and chill 2 hours, or overnight.
- Calories: 91
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 1 mg
- Sugar Content: 20 g